Computer Science for the Young Scholar, a series of eight books for classes 1 to 8, is a computing science skills and course book based on the National Curriculum Framework, suitable for CBSE and ICSE schools in India. The content of the series is very child-friendly with several unique features:
- Easy to understand explanations needed to help children understand the topic.
- Age appropriate detail for each topic within the books, based on what they need to know.
- Relevant exercises to test children's understanding of concepts and topics.
- One CCE-compliant summative and one CCE-compliant formatlve assessment for each chapter.
- Instructions for practical activities, which address CCE requirements where possible, in each chapter as an opportunity for children to use what they have learnt in the chapter in a wider, real-life situation.
Supernova's Computer Science for the Young Scholar series is the labour of love of Showick Thorpe (author) and his team at THORPES that has painstakingly compiled text books appropriate for school children of Classes 1 to 8. Showick Thorpe, a senior member of THORPES, brings with him over two decades of experience as an author and an educational consultant. He has worked extensively in the field of testing and assessments. You may know about his work by visiting www.thorpeseducation.com.