My First Book of General Knowledge A
General Knowledge is not loading oneself with facts; it is the cultivation of general awareness about man and nature outside one's home.
Keeping this in mind, the child's first step with their skills in language and numbers in the world outside their home will be ably aided by My First Book of General Knowledge. This is part of a series of two general knowledge books for lower kindergarten and upper kindergarten.
- Excellent coverage of themes. The themes cover topics like family, home, neighbourhood, habits, nature and a lot more making children aware of their surroundings at micro and macro levels.
- Tasks for visual study to help children engage in pair and group learning.
- The questions for oral activity builds speaking skills and removes reticence in speech.
- Picture composition tasks included to make learning new words and concepts fun.
- Variety of activities--play with maze, fill in forms, match columns plus a lot more designed to improve motor skills and reflexes.
- Each topic has an activity that can be done individually or as a class.
- Questions for each topic assess knowledge as well as build reasoning skills.
Shradha Anand is an author of children’s books with more than 24 years of experience in the field of education. She writes stories, poems and textbooks for children. Her writings have been published in several textbooks. Her expertise lies in developing content for preschool and primary school children as she aims to create out of the box content that fuels imagination in children and allows them to learn through the play-way method. She is also a qualified ELT trainer for teachers and principals at schools.